Sunday, September 4, 2011

Boracay: Day 1

As promised, here are some photos from last weekend's vacation in Boracay. These posts will come in four installments, one for each day we were there. I do not expect anyone who does not know us personally to be interested in these so I'm sparing the rest of you by creating a "jump". Just click, click on the "Read more" link if you want! :)

We were off to a rocky start. I had very little sleep the night before, which would have been manageable, had I been the only one in our entourage who was sleepy during the trip. I wasn't. Malik was especially cranky because he usually sleeps at midnight, and we had to wake him up five hours later so we could catch the plane. Kawawa naman.

Here we are waiting for our ride. I was afraid the trip would get cancelled because of the bad weather. But obviously, we were able to go. Yey.

Considering the lack of sleep, bipolar weather, and skipped meals, I expectedly turned into Migraine Girl. Anyone who's ever had a migraine knows that it's not just a bad headache. Argh.

Cranky mommy, carrying a toddler at the Caticlan airport.
I had to sleep off a portion of the day. Surprisingly, Malik turned out okay. He was crying his lungs out when the plane left the domestic airport, but he got to sleep that off during the 40-minute plane ride.

I woke up about an hour later, feeling better. I panicked (slight lang naman) when I saw that I was left alone in the room. Sneaky husband and son went to the beach without me! I had to scour the beach to look for my lost treasures!

We were curious as to whether Malik would turn out to be one of those babies who dread the feel of sand on their skin , or who fear the water. He is neither. He loved playing in the sand and would charge on the waves like a pro surfer. 

It was a little rainy in the island with winds blowing at top speed. I forget whether Malik felt cold in this photo or just showing us "gigil." Heehee
For girly reasons (wink,wink), my role on the first day was basically confined to cleaning Malik up after his swim/s.

Our hotel was a fifteen minute walk from the beach and a long drive or walk to D'Mall (More on the hotel in a separate post). Here we are after lunch looking at souvenirs and knick-knacks.

I'm not decided yet on what to think of the new D'Mall. The first time I went to Boracay, this place was a literal talipapa  (local market). Now they have Starbucks and Shakey's and all sorts of fast food joints. The development wasn't done in poor taste, but I don't know. I still like the old Boracay.
After their afternoon swim, the boys and I took a break in the room -

And then it was back to Station 2 to meet up with my cousin Ihra who has been living in Boracay for four months now!

Again, a word on my outfit. I'm just too proud that I got this Heritage 1981 maxi dress off ebay for...wait for it...P200! Bongga-dera na naman.
(To be continued...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Theme Designed by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP